Thursday, July 11, 2013
Wednesday, July 3, 2013
Essential characteristics of modern communication tools.
- We want all our communication to be encrypted end to end and that nobody but ourselves should possess the encryption keys.
- We want to control who knows anything about our communication, whether we authored it or it was addressed to us.
- We want the right to retain or dispose of our stuff as we please.
- We want to be able to backup and archive our conversations.
- Data portability
- We expect to be able to transport our stuff from one platform to another.
- Large scale
- We want to scale our conversations up to any number of specific persons or to the public generally.
- Public entry points to chat rooms
- We want to easily invite others to join our conversations.
- Throttling and Muting
- We want to control the ability of others to communicate with us based on our private sense of context and relationship.
- We want to communicate using a browser
- We want to be able to 'attach' files and documents of any description as remote links.
- Collaborative editing
- We want to share documents remotely, for viewing, listening and editing.
- Rich text
- We want to format text as rich text
- We want to be able to "like" the instant messages of others.
- We want ways to abbreviate our text communication.
- Real Time.
- We want real time communication; text, voice and video.
- We also want messaging (delayed delivery); text, voice and video.
- Extensions via API
- We want developers to show us new ways of using our communication tools.
Posted by Hudson at 9:30 AM